HHSP was established during the 81st Texas Legislature through an appropriations rider and codified during the 82nd Texas Legislature. The Texas Department of Community Affairs (TDHCA) administers the funding to eight largest cities in support of services to homeless individuals and families. Cities currently served through HHSP include Arlington, Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio.
The City of El Paso’s Department of Community and Human Development (DCHD) is accepting funding proposals for the 2021-2022 program year under the Homeless Housing and Services Program (HHSP) that is administered by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA). This funding helps prevent homelessness, provide rapid re-housing for those experiencing homelessness, case management, transitional housing for youth, and essential services to youth.
Below are additional details for this grant:
- Agencies who are eligible to apply include:
General set-aside – agencies currently administering Homelessness Prevention and/or Rapid Rehousing Assistance programs; and who are able to provide case management as part of their Homeless Prevention and/or Rapid Rehousing Assistance programs.
Youth set-aside – agencies currently administering youth homelessness programs for transitional housing of unaccompanied homeless youth and homeless young adults between the ages of 18 and 24. Eligible applicants must provide case management and/or essential services as part of transitional housing to homeless youth.
- The following 2021-2022 projections are based on an analysis of previous years’ allocations:
$348,133 for General homeless population
$126,124 for Youth Set-Aside population
Please review the 2022-2023 Policies + Procedures document for further details on each program and eligibility requirements. Review of this document should be done prior to applying.
- 2022-2023 HHSP Policies & Procedures
- Assurances A-D
- Attachment A - General Completeness Checklist
- Attachment B - Community Performance Benchmarks
- Attachment C- HMIS Participation Standards
- Attachment D - Faith Based Organization Guidelines
- Attachment E - HHSP Outcome Statement Worksheet
- Attachment F - HHSP Budget + Performance Workbook
- Attachment G - HHSP Narrative Questions
- Attachment H - HHSP Scorecard
Community + Human Development Address:
City 3 Bldg., 3rd Floor
801 Texas Avenue
El Paso, TX 79901
Phone: (915) 212-0138