This document outlines the policies for linking to the CITY OF EL PASO website, and for getting a link to your site from the CITY OF EL PASO website. The topics covered are:
The data associated with the CITY OF EL PASO website and related graphics are not legal documents and are not intended to be used as such. Please note the Disclaimer and Copyright sections on this website.
Linking to the City of El Paso website
What you can do.
You do not need to get advance permission to link to us if you are making a simple link to our homepage and your site:
- Is not engaged in illegal activity.
- Does not promote illegal activity.
- Does not contain pornographic, profane, or otherwise offensive material.
- Have previously been denied permission to link to us.
Note: There are old URLs leading to the CITY OF EL PASO website that should no longer be used. We ask that you only link to us using the following URL:
You may also link to one of our sub-pages, where appropriate, but again, please use the base URL of www.elpasotexas.gov. For example, if you want to link directly to the CITY OF EL PASO departments page you should use:
We reserve the right to change sub-pages at any time without notice, so it is up to you to continuously verify your links to our sub-pages.
What you should not do.
Please do not capture our pages within your frames, or otherwise present our content as your own. Any link to our site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to our site unencumbered. The "BACK" button should return the visitor to your site if the visitor wishes to back out. Although all content on our site is public information, the CITY OF EL PASO maintains and will defend a copyright interest in these pages.
You should not link to individual graphics or tables within our pages, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on our servers. Such an action may be considered a misuse of CITY OF EL PASO resources. To get permission to use a copy of our graphics within your pages, please contact the email@example.com outlining your intended uses.
Categories of links
- Links to government and private sites that positively relate to the CITY OF EL PASO.
- Definitive sources of information of interest to our visitors.
- Links deemed topical, timely, or of other general interest to our visitors.
We will remove a link if:
- At, our discretion, we choose not to include the link on our site.
- The link no longer points to the original information or resource that was intended.
- The information is inaccurate or not trustworthy.
- Access to the information has become difficult due to odd formatting, lengthy download times, or intrusive advertising.
- The link has gone dead or remains unavailable for a lengthy period, especially if we are unable to contact you about your site's status.
The CITY OF EL PASO website does not enter into reciprocal link agreements. We provide links to sites at our will and that are appropriate to our mission.
Our creation of a link to your site does not obligate you to provide a link back to us, but you are, of course, welcome to do so. Additionally a link to any site is not an endorsement of the content contained on that site or through its links. Links to sites from the CITY OF EL PASO website does not obligate the CITY OF EL PASO in any way to the linked site.
We always appreciate a note telling us of new links to us. Please send link info to: