Tax Office


Payments will continue to be accepted in person. For customer service assistance, please contact us by phone at (915) 212-0106 or email: [email protected]

Thank you for your patience.

Services & FAQs

Tax Office Customer Survey

Let us know how we are doing by answering our survey online, we value your feedback.

Information & Forms

  • If you need to pay your taxes or see your balance check here.

  • If you need to get a Delinquent Tax Roll (DTR), information can be found here, and you can download the form

  • If you are a military property owner and you want to request a waiver of delinquent fees review and submit this document

  • If you are bidding on a Tax Sale you can complete and submit this form to determine if you owe delinquent property taxes on any of your properties.

  • If you want to view all tax sale properties, this interactive website will display them

  • You may submit your completed forms at [email protected]

Taxing Entities & Rates

 See Full List

El Paso Central Appraisal District Services

EPCAD is responsible for appraising all real and business personal property within El Paso County, visit their site to get:

EPCAD can also be contacted by phone at (915) 780-2131.


You can check if you are due for a refund if you have overpayed your tax property payments among other related actions:

For more details regarding refunds, tax certificates, mobile home services, penalties, and more refer to the FAQ section below.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is my balance?

You may find this by using the property tax balance search and searching using your name or other credentials.

2. How do I pay my taxes?

Please go to the this page for more information. There are many different ways to pay.

3. What is the appraised value/legal description?

Please contact the El Paso Central Appraisal District at (915) 780-2131 or at

4. Am I getting all my exemptions?

You may verify your current exemption status by using the property tax balance search for your property. You can contact the El Paso Central Appraisal District at (915) 780-2131 or at for additional exemption information.

5. How do I update property ownership, change of mailing address, etc.?

Please contact the El Paso Central Appraisal District (EPCAD) at (915) 780-2131 or You can also read this document about Change in Ownership.

6. Where are you sending the bills?

Tax bills are sent to the property owner unless the bill is requested by a tax agent or a mortgage company.

7. What is the amount of the last payment received and by whom?

You may find this by using property tax balance search for your property.

8. After making my $XX payment, why is there still a balance of $XX?

Penalties and interest continue to accrue monthly as long as the account remains delinquent.

9. Why are my taxes so high?

Property taxes are determined by three factors:

  1. The appraised value of the property
  2. The tax rates adopted by the various units that levy tax
  3. Exemptions, if any

10. Am I due a refund?

You can check if you are due a refund by searching here: Are You Due a Refund?

11. How do I apply for a refund?

In the Refunds section above you can fill and submit an Application for a Tax Refund

12. What kind of payment arrangements can I make?

Payment plans and how delinquent fees are charged can be found on our landing page. All payment options and arrangements can be found on our Pay Your Taxes page.

13. Can penalties be waived?

State law only allows the waiving of penalties and interest in very limited circumstances. See Texas Property Tax Code 33.01 and 33.011 for more information.

14. How do I get a tax certificate?

There are 3 types of tax certificates:

  • The 18-month certificate for mobile homes
  • The tax certificate for all other properties
  • The certificate of eligibility for bidders at property tax sales.

To obtain a certificate:

  • All taxes due must be paid (including escrow payment for the current year for mobile home accounts)
  • Must provide 15-digit geo number
  • Pay the $10 tax certificate fee
  • Mobile homes must provide serial or label number.

Certificates may be obtained at:

City of El Paso Tax Office
221 N. Kansas Ste. 300 (Corner of Kansas and Mills, Wells Fargo Plaza, 3rd floor)

15. How do I request a Tax Certificate online?

  1. Go to the property tax balance search
  2. Enter Fees in the search box
  3. Click on Search
  4. Click on 95
  5. Click on Pay Now
  6. Select Payment Method (Pay by E-check Now or Pay by Credit/Debit Card Now – disregard the account balance that is posted on the screen)
  7. Select Pay a different amount – enter $10.00, Next (or amount total, $10.00 per certificate)
  8. Follow the payment screens to submit payment
  9. Upon completion of payment, send an email to [email protected] and include the following information:

Prop Id(s) for requested Tax Certificate(s)
Name and address of who the Tax Certificate(s) will be “Issued To”
Mailing address for the original Tax Certificate(s)
Screenshot of Payment Confirmation

Once the payment has posted, usually within one business day, the Tax Certificate(s) will be emailed directly to the requestor and the original(s) sent via USPS to the requested mailing address.