The El Paso Fire Department PIO is tasked with keeping the community, as well as the media, up to date with Fire Department safety messages, activities and incidents. The PIO must assure that the El Paso Fire Department’s vision is continually communicated to the men and women of the El Paso Fire Department.
Public Information Officer
Public Information Officer Functions
- Coordinating the scheduling of emergency response units for fire and life safety presentations with the Operations Division.
- Developing and coordinating the release of information to the media concerning community projects and departmental activities by preparing press releases, arranging staff interviews and responding to media questions.
- Making presentations and communicating with all levels of the Department, educators, citizenry and the media and conducting public education programs.
- Prepare and produce brochures, pamphlets and other printed and visual material for distribution and or presentation both inside and outside of the Fire Department.
- Scheduling and coordinating press conferences, awards ceremonies, promotional ceremonies and other department activities.
- Representing the Fire Department during community programs and at public, social and business meetings.
- Ability to identify any all needed community hazard educational programs, providing consideration for a wide variety of ages and community diversity.